USE OF ANY PART OF THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THEM, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE.
Medical Disclaimer. The content provided through this Website, including articles, links and information in the Blog, is for general educational and informational purposes only, and includes information about Practical Medical Insights and the services which it may provide. It is not a substitute for, nor is it an alternative to, examination by and professional judgment of your personal physician or other personal medical professional, who diagnoses and treats you on an individual basis. The information on this Website is intended to support your relationship with your personal physician, not to replace it. Do not ever disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this Website, or because you are waiting for a response to a query on this Website. Make sure that you promptly seek the advice of your own physician with any question you may have about a medical condition. When accessing this Website, you agree that interaction on this Website does not constitute a physician-patient relationship. INFORMATION PROVIDED IN OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT, OR CARE, AND IS NOT INTENDED AND SHOULD NOT BE USED TO DIAGNOSE HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS OR TO PRESCRIBE TREATMENT OR MEDICATION. It may not be relevant to your personal situation, and may be misinterpreted, so consult your personal physician before making any decisions concerning your health care. If you have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately. By utilizing this Website or any information contained or referred to herein, you acknowledge and agree that Owner is not responsible for the results of your own personal decisions resulting from your interpretation, use or application of the content in this Website, articles, Blog, or third-party links.
Security Considerations. Information sent or received over the internet, including e-mail, is not generally considered secure. The Website is unable to guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication to or from the Website. Telephone is generally considered to be a more secure and confidential means of communication. Do not communicate your or any other person’s personal health information through e-mail.
Blog. NOTICE – THIS WEBSITE’S BLOG IS OPEN AND IN NO WAY PRIVATE. Do not post any information to the Blog that you do not want to be public. Do not post any private, privileged or confidential information which you wish to protect, concerning you or any other person. We specifically advise you not to disclose in the Blog any personal information about you or anyone else, such as credit card numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, birthdates or other personally identifiable information.
WARRANTIES DAMAGES AND LIABILITY; WAIVERS, DISCLAIMERS AND INDEMNITY
Owner’s Disclaimer of Warranties/Liability/Damages. In the following six (6) numbered paragraphs, the term “Owner” shall include and incorporate any employee, officer, director, agent, representative or owner of Owner, as well as any successor or assign of such person.
(1) THIS WEBSITE, ALL BLOGS AND ANY VEHICLE, APPLICATION OR SITE PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH OR IN THE NAME OF OWNER OR ANY EMPLOYEE, OFFICER, DIRECTOR, AGENT, REPRESENTATIVE OR OWNER OF OWNER, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS’ BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES OF TITLE. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY FULLY AND COMPLETELY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS.
(2) Owner specifically gives notice that it assumes no liability for computer viruses or other technical problems resulting from your use of this site, or any damage resulting to you or any user as a result.
(3) There is no warranty on the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of content on this Website. This Website and its Owner assumes no liability for any errors or omissions on this site, or for any damage or loss resulting from this Website’s contents.
(4) NEITHER OWNER NOR ANY PERSON WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE CREATION OR ADMINISTRATION OF ANY PART OF THE WEBSITE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PART OF THE WEBSITE, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY CONTENT PLACED ON THE WEBSITE BY ANY OTHER PERSON.
(5) USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT THE USER’S OWN RISK. OWNER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY OF ANY NATURE (INCLUDING INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST WAGES OR PROFITS) TO ANY USER OR ANY OTHER PERSON, IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR, RESULTING FROM ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON, OR THE USE OR ACCESS OF THE WEBSITE BY USER OR ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING DAMAGES OF THE FOLLOWING NATURE OR DAMAGES WHICH ARE CAUSED BY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: ANY ACT OR OMISSION BY ANY OTHER PERSON; ANY MALFUNCTION, ERROR, OMISSION, DEFECT, DELAY OF ANY KIND; ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR MALWARE, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE; THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF PERSONAL, PRIVATE, CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY INFORMATION; THE POSTING OF ANY INFORMATION BY ANY USER OR PERSON UPON THE BLOG, OR THE FURNISHING OF SUCH INFORMATION TO OWNER OR ANY PERSON AND/OR THE RE-USE OR RE-PUBLICATION OR RE-TRANSMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION; BREACH OF CONTRACT; NEGLICENCE OR OTHER TORT BY OR RESULTING FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OR ANY ACT OR OMISSION BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR OTHER USER OF OR VISITOR TO THE WEBSITE.
Users Waivers of Claims. By and as a condition of using the Website or Blog, each User of the Website or Blog specifically agrees as follows:
(1) Neither Owner nor any of Owner’s owners, officers, employees, managers, agents or representatives, nor any person who participated in the creation or administration of any part of the website shall be liable to User for any damages of any kind in any way related to or arising out of User’s the use of or inability to use any part of the website, or in any way related to or arising out of any content placed on the Blog by any person.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance and Policy:
In this section, the use of the terms “We” or “Us” or “Our” refers to Owner. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DCMA”) applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. § 512). The text of the DCMA may be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov). If you have copyright or ownership concerns or complaints about any materials posted on this Website or the Blog by others, or if you have any other complaints or objections to material posted on the Website or Blog, please provide Us Notice in writing to out Designated Agent in the form and with the content provided below.
Practical Medical Insights
Huntington Woods, MI 48070
To be effective as to Us, the Notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner (“Complaining Party”) of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works on a single online site of Owner are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to so do.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Us to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an e-mail address at which the Complaining Party may be contacted.
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is the owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, We will follow the procedures outlined in this Policy and in the DMCA. It is Our policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). It is expected that all users of or contributors to any part of the Owner’s site will comply with applicable copyright laws. If, however, We receive proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, Our response to such notices will include removing or disabling access to material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and/or terminating subscribers or users, regardless of whether We may be liable for such infringement under United States law or the laws of another jurisdiction. If We remove or disable access in response to such a notice, We will make a good-faith attempt to contact user/owner or administrator or originator/poster of the allegedly infringing content so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to the DMCA (see sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA). We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which We act. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyright(s). Accordingly, if you are not sure if you are the proper copyright holder or if copyright laws protect your material/the allegedly improperly posted material, please consult independent legal counsel of your choosing; Owner shall not provide legal advice to you relative to any such a determination or issue.
If We remove or disable access to Owners site or online services in response to such a notification, We will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner, user or person whose information or access is so removed or disabled, so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to the DMCA. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which We act or do not act.
Upon receipt of such counter notification, We will promptly provide the person who provided the original infringement notification with a copy of the counter notification, and inform that person that We may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days. We may replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless Our Designated Agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the original infringement notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the allegedly offending party from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Our site, system or network.
In accordance with the DMCA, we may permanently disable and/or terminate the accounts or access of users who are repeat infringers (see Section 512(i)(1)(a) of the DCMA).